Saturday, April 30, 2005

Of bugs, music and ping pong

It had been almost 6 months since I spent a whole Saturday in the office. I am surely not fretting and fuming about it, just musing on it. One of my friends pinged me and said, "Oh! looks like your honeymoon period in the new company is over and now you have started working on a weekend". Well, it is over for a sure fact and if I don't get my acts together and start delivering, I can surely see my a** on the line of fire soon.

The scary thoughts of bearing the brunt of work pressure still did not impact my schedule for the day(in a big way). Before, I left home in the morning this was my plan:

Complete the bug fixing by 11.00 am
Work on some other enhancements till 1.00 pm
Have lunch
Read docs and familiarize myself with the products - a solid 2 hours in the afternoon.
Write my first draft on a functional spec - finish by 5.00 pm
Go home at 6.00 pm and enjoy the evening.

And this is what I did:

Reached office at 11.00 am and start working on the bug.
Went for lunch at 12 noon
On the bug.. 1.00 pm
Played TT (played after almost an year and it was so much fun) - 1.20 pm
Came back to work on the bug...1.45 pm
Played TT - till 4.00 pm
Relaxed with some music and light reading
Played TT
Finally fixed bug by 8.00 pm
Played TT
Blog at 9.15 pm

Pretty much matched with my initial schedule.:) Glad atleast I was able to fix the bug! So much for a work filled Saturday, I am looking towards having a fun filled Sunday.
Happy rest of the weekend ! :)

2 comments:

Rahul said...

TT !!! Been almost 2 months since I played TT. Got into this habit of playing TT for about an hour daily evening since I shifted to Hyd. And let me tell you, its FUN.

How you been my friend?

Rahul said...

Srini.....Update Dude !!!

You mighty busy?