Sunday, April 10, 2005

Saturday Movie Marathon

One of those rare weekends I ended up staying in Bangalore. I had decided to do some "office" work on Saturday and read a lot of documents. But all my plans for the work was washed out, thanks to the intermittent rain over the afternoon and of course my laziness. I ended up in my friend's place for lunch and what ensued after that was watching a string of movies (the India-Pak match wasn't worth watching anyways).

So the first movie I watched was "Shawshank Redemption". This happened at my friend's place. An amazing story, excellent cast of characters and quite a thrilling movie. I know this one is quite old and had hit the charts big time, but somehow I never got to watch it till yesterday.

I went home in the evening and after dinner, went to my channel surfing and in one of the local cables, Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones was being shown. Lucky for me, the movie was just starting and I ended up watching it fully.

It was close to 1 am when the movie got over, but I wasn't feeling anywhere close to sleepy. So I took out the VCD I had rented from "Cheers Club" and that was my third movie. It was a Tom Hanks movie called "That Thing You Do". I liked this movie a lot because it was lot about music and stuff and the best part is the band called "Wonders" whose claim to fame was the song "That Thing You Do"(the one that comes as a title song in "F.R.I.E.N.D.S" episode). The movie got over at 3 am. After that, I decided sleeping was a good idea after all and hit the bed.

It was quite a marathon watching movies like this. Never done this before, and it was real cool and I hope to do this more often than not.

No comments: