Monday, April 25, 2005

On the water front

If some one would ask me about the idea of taking off on a Thursday and Friday to spend two days in a resort that over looks the lovely Cauvery, I would answer definitely in affirmative unless I was already in such a place and spending two lovely weekdays. Thankfully, I did not have to yearn for such a break because my company decided it was time for everyone to have this break and spend some real quality time outside work.

The place called Jaladhama on the Mysore road (about 120 kms from Bangalore) was where around 70 of us from the company spend a royal two days. The resort is located in a secluded place surrounded by water on its three sides and secretly connected to land on one side. (You will know why the land connection is a secret only when you see the place).

We reached the place on Thursday afternoon and from then on till Friday afternoon, the time we had was simply amazing. Right from, taking a so called water therapy to beating the heat in the swimming pool, every single activity was simply spelled only in one way-"FUN". In the night we had a bonfire (though this might make many twitch their eyes-bonfire on a hot summer night?). There was amazing music and a great dance floor. Many danced to the tunes of the favorite numbers and drinks was being served liberally. I just let myself loose and treated myself to all the goodies. The party went well into the night and it was a wonderful night to spend. I broke a few of my own records, the details of course will remain outside the pages of this blog ;).

It was not only a wonderful break for me, but I had this golden opportunity to know a lot of folks in the company. Some of the folks have already become good friends and today this is really helping me create my comfort zone in my new work place.

As I muse over the past week, my head turns to the left to watch the status of the build on the laptop and I see this message

"[javamake] Compiling 6181 source files...."

No comments: