Thursday, March 31, 2005

A few hundreds to a few ones

Jim Carrey as Bruce Almighty played God for a while and one among the many Godly activities was to check e-mails and read and reply to all the prayers he receives. It is quite mind boggling to see the amount of e-mails he gets and once he replies to all his mails and heaves a sigh of relief, he finds another hundred million new ones in his inbox. Well, I will be unreasonably exagerrating if I say, I used to get mails of that order. But scaling down myself to a mundane human and relatively scaling down the number of mails I used to get, I still used to be bogged down by the number.

Every morning seeing close to 150 odd emails in the inbox used to make me feel quite important,initially but after a while charm was all lost. I really used to hate seeing so many mails in the inbox. Of course, only 50-60% of them used to be mails that required my reply but the other ones were still important ones in one way or the other-be it technical alias mails, lounge emails and importantly mails mentioning ticket availability for weekend travels. The numbers of emails on ticket availability is off late increasing and I will write about it in one of my future posts.

Coming back to the point, I now have very few emails to read and almost none to reply. It is so good to come in the morning and find out that I have just three or four emails in the inbox. I know it is is just a passing phase before I start getting more mails, this passing phase sure is a pleasure phase for me.

No comments: