Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Beat the summer heat tenderly

The mercury has been on a steady rise over the past few weeks in Bangalore (where I work), Coimbatore (my hometown) and Chennai (which I visit quite frequently). Well, Chennai being an exception in the sense that the mercury rarely dips! That has seen an increase in intake of more liquid food to keep me cool or should I say, keep my cool? :).

Yesterday, I had been to my locality Food World to buy some stuff. As I was walking out, I noticed a pile of tender coconuts placed in a nice heap, opposite to the super market. The stock looked quite fresh and I was immediately tempted to go and taste the sweet water. I asked the vendor to pick one that has only water and no kernel. God knows how these guys are able to spot one, but most of the time, they do. As I sipped and slurped the water, I could instantly feel the coolness. It was as if, my body was being immersed in ice. My taste buds were jumping in ecstasy to grab the tiny droplets of the water. The one minute was simply rejuvenating. I paid him and then decided to have one tender coconut every day. The good news is, there is no cess, VAT or fringe service tax attached to the price you pay. Thanks to PC for sparing the coconuts.

Finally, what is the point if you don't understand the benefits of tender coconut?
For those, who want to be aware, read the benefits of tender coconut to know more.

No comments: