Sunday, January 02, 2005

The New Year woke up as I slept through

I did not want to loose my mobile phone on a New Year's day and a host of my other possessions over the year. I was convinced and determined about that. No amount of tempation was going to see me yield. My destination was home and that is where I will be as the New Year dawns. I told this to myself a week before the New Year. Everything was planned. Tickets booked for the 30th night. There was no stopping.

I was home on 31st morning. Did some shopping over the day and played Dungeon Siege for the remaining part. At 9 pm, got into the cozy bed in the living room (with the TV in the front) and started watching 007 movie "Die Another Day". I was half asleep by 10.30 pm and before I could realize, I was sleeping to glory. The clock had stuck 12 and 2005 woke up while I was in deep slumber. Woke up at 7 am, fresh in mind and body. Ate all the good food my mom prepared, watched TV and had occasional chit-chat sessions with my grandpa, brother and parents. So much for the new year day, quiet and as unassuming as any other day and I really loved it!

Sunday came by quickly and I packed my bag and headed for Bangalore in the afternoon train (as there were no tickets in the night). Reached Bangalore safe and uneventful. This blog post is the last event for the day (okay after me and Das watched Legally Blonde 2-a pathetic and highly disappointing movie!).

No comments: