Monday, January 10, 2005

Weekend call to action

It was after a long time, I was staying in Bangy for the weekend. Did not have any specific plans but was planning to play it by the ear.

TGIF:

If one thing all S/W engineers want to shout in unison, then it is "Thank God, it's a Friday"! I love Friday evenings and get as enthused about it as I was during my heydays. Came home around 8 pm. Gansal and myself were the only guys around. We did not feel like cooking nor going out. So settled down for our all time favourite - Pizzas! Garlic bread with EXXXTRA cheese and a veggie personal pan did the magic for the evening. We stayed late watching T.V, munching our pizzas and talking worldly matters (no we still do not have plastic teeth!).


Saturday Post:

Went to office on Saturday and spent the whole day out there. Was reading some documents coding and listening to a whole bunch of my favorite songs. Had lunch
at a new restaurant called Thaali that is quite close to my apartment. Was back to office after lunch and did more of what I was doing in the morning. Around 6pm, I stacked up my work and got on to some surfing and orkuting (Is this an official word by now?). I called it a day at 8pm and went home.
Had some good and sumptuous dinner @ home, thanks to my married friends around! :). My immediate consequence of having a good dinner was to crash into the bed and that is exactly what I did. Saturday was drawing to a close over my sleep.

Sunday Times:

Gansal and myself decided to check the status of our apartments we purchased a year and a half ago. It was almost 5 months since we had been there and so wanted to take a sneak preview. Commuting the 12.5 kms to Brigade Gardenia is almost a road trip in Bangalore and hence we decided to complete our visit right in the morning. Anjani tagged along with us and we visited the placed. Quite surprised to see the progress these guys had made. Though we were officially warned about entering the construction
area, we sneaked in to check out our apartments in the 3rd floor. It was a good feeling to see the houses morph into a nice home and our minds were suddenly racing about what needs to be done once the houses are handed over to us. Do we move in? Do we stay in the existing apartment and rent this one out? Did Gansal mention about getting married? Boy, sounded quite scary and we quickly realized that there is no point brainstorming about it right now. We will postpone such decisions to the 11th hour and just keep galloping further. Came back to our apartment by lunch time. Gansal and myself went to Nandini for lunch and after that he took off to office, while I hit home. Spent the afternoon at home watching T.V and playing Age of Empires. In the evening, we did a mini shopping, buying a pair of sandals for Gansal and buying two trousers for my brother. Had dinner and headed straight home.

Sunday was soon over and so was the weekend. I had to prepare a fresh call to action for the week. Was already feeling the Monday morning blues (sigh!)

No comments: