Monday, December 27, 2004

A good deed for the day

A couple of days back when I was getting down from the bus at Cbe, there was this
blind man who got down too. He wanted to cross the road and so I just helped him to reach the other side of the road. He thanked me and said, "Have a good day"!
Today as I was heading towards office, there was this probably 1st standard kid who wanted to get to the other side of the road to get his auto, but the heavy traffic on Langford road was simply too much for the kid to handle. So I offered to help him cross and once in the auto, the kiddo said "Thanks Anna!".

Now, I am not writing this to blow my trumpet here, but just started thinking, "Can I consider this a good deed for the day"?. If yes, then would it hurt to do sth as trivial as helping some one cross the road be a good deed for a day? In our so called "busy" lives, we surely do not have time to spend even an hour doing some sort of social service though many of us yearn and desire to do so. In such cases, helping people in our day to day lives is surely a good deed and the pleasure we can derive out it can make us immensely satisfied. This is very much a doable act and I am sure many of us would've already thought about it and doing it. I am strongly motivated to do ONE good deed everyday in some form or the other. Are you?

No comments: