Saturday, August 05, 2006

Topics which have more meat!

One of my friends recently commented on my blog saying that it was too dry and there aren't any topics that has some substantial stuff to chew on (like meat?). So I was wondering what could be topics that would evoke interest or arouse the curiosity of a person to read more from a blog. Some of the points that came from the top of my head are:

1) Controversial topics (definitely a sure shot way of evoking interest in reading and responding)
2) Funny topics (quite a broad category, but anything that can tickle the funny bone)
3) Disparaging topics (I don't think I will ever get into this space though!)
4) Introspective/Questionable topics (like my friend in his recent past made a post, "What is the purpose of life"?)

I haven't ordered them in a priority fashion, but just jotted down as they came to my mind. If someone can provide more specific topics, those are most welcome to do so.

All said and done, if the stuff we write has the correct verbiage, it will definitely make an impression on the reader. More than "what" we write, it is probably "how" we write matters the most (I for instance, definitely have a long way to get there!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Back with a bang in Bangalore? Nice 2 c u blog so regularly! Will come back for a detailed read later.