Friday, June 09, 2006

Do you know the purpose of your life?

If you do, then take a minute off to explain it to my friend Xavier who is being haunted with this question in the last 24 hours :).

Btw, we just had a small discussion on this over chat, the excerpt of which I have pasted below(my two cents worth of what I feel can be found in here).

Xavier: See my recent post
Srini: hang on
Srini: holy freak
Srini: such questions are considered sacrilegious in our lives
Srini: certain things are too be consumed not confronted with!
Xavier: so Can you link to that post asking your readers to post their views at my site
Srini: ooh yes..I can..will do it
Xavier: Many people just live life without asking what is the purpose of life.
Srini: I don't think thatz true
Srini: everyone does ask the question..but hardly does one find a convincing answer
Srini: and just because folks don't get a convincing answer, no one wants to think too deeply about it
Srini: btw, a purpose need not be a very high level complicated stuff and sth that should be world renowned and stuff
Xavier: But waht is it you are aiming for
Srini: it can be as simple as fulfilling our duties as a son, as a father, as a good employee, as a good citizen and above all as a good devotee!
Xavier: so can it be simpleified as lead a good life
Srini: yes..it definitely can be
Xavier: I am looking for personal experiences
Srini: but it can be equally a subjective opinion
Xavier: it is a kind of self-examining question
Srini: if I may call it "introspection"
Xavier: yes, that is a right word, 'personal introspection'
Xavier: Actaully this post is the first of many on these lines
Srini: ok..so u've got more comin huh?
Srini: I don't mean to discourage you or sth, but if you don't seem to find an answer after a while, it can lead to quite a bit of frustation
Srini: so beware!
Xavier: yep. it will be following up this idea.
Xavier: i am not actually looking for answers, I am looking for solutions
Srini: isn't solution close to gettin an answer?
Xavier: 'personal growth' to be precise
Srini: how do u say growth translates to purpose?
Xavier: answers are close-ended, solutions will be recursive
Xavier: you'll have to wait for the future posts for that ans
Srini: need not be all the time. Sometimes a solution can lead to the ultimate answer.
Srini: I can wait..I have been waitin for 26 years now to find that answer. Not sure if I will find it in this life...but I will keep my fingers crossed and see if I can see the "signs"
Xavier: So you think there will be an ultimate answer
Srini: I don't think..I know for a good fact that there is an ultimate answer
Xavier: Hmmm...
Srini: this is the biggest treasure hunt of our lives..we just have to watch the signs, follow the white rabbit that can lead us to the answer!
Xavier: following the signs alone will not help
Xavier: acting upon them will
Srini: thatz true..once u notice the signs, u will now what to do and how to do
Xavier: true
Srini: so maybe u shld now have an eye for the signs!
Xavier: i am learnign 'semiotics'. I guess that should help
Srini: what is that?
Srini: some Da Vinci kinda stuff?
Xavier: study of signs
Srini: aah ok..all the best..learn it well and grab the signs
Srini: lest the quest for the purpose of life go on.....

No comments: