Friday, July 21, 2006

In the "world" of America

This is just my third visit to the so called "land of opportunities" (no denyin that) and I am already too tired and bored of this place. I am sure half the world will scorn at me for saying this, but honestly, I don't feel the radiating presence of life and energy here. Things are just so artificial here, right from a "Good Morning" to the "Good Day"! Thankfully, I am not a loner stuck in this place, have enough and more friends and less time to catch up with everyone, but still I am unable to connect myself to this place. I have been having this feeling not just about this time (I know folks would love to associate different rationale behind my feelings here), but this is how it has been for me since the first time. I agreed to give my self the benefit of doubt and gave me a couple of more chances, but the feeling or intensity of being the fish out of the water has only grown ever since.

God! I love it back in my place where there are folks to take care of all if not most of your needs. There are lot of dependencies but still it is not easy to not lose your independence there (something that is considered a priced possession here)
I could go on with an endless list of why things are better back home and I could get more than one counter list for each of mine, but that's a topic I would be willing to fight when I am more in control of my senses (5 rounds of vodka?)

Until then, I will listen to a few more "Hail Mary" statements and look forward to go back and hear "Kadavulee Ithu Enna Soothanai"!

No comments: