Thursday, September 16, 2004

36 vs 200

The Palaghat highway is quite a distance from my place in Coimbatore, but given that Cbe is 1/4th of Chennai, they would hardly call it a distance. I was in no mood to do the spider man act of hopping more than a couple of buses to reach the destination, but it was a Hobson's choice I had with my parents, not budging to any of my gimmicks to take a pleasure ride.Thankfully, the afternoon was quite cool and windy when we started and that was a welcome sign. It was Catch (the) 22 and
get down at the first pit stop which did not take more than 15 minutes. While we were figuring out our next mode of commute the bright red vehicle zoomed right past us and stopped to a screeching halt. Hopped in to secure ourselves a seat and off we zoomed again touching the Palaghat highway. This one has a customized stopping facility and we were glad to get off right where we wanted.

We had to visit my friend's(Mani's) new house and also wish his father a happy 60th b'day. Having spent some quality time at their house and completing the formalities of munching the sweets and drinking coffee, we started our return journey. The strategy applied was the same. We got hold of the Suryan FM enabled 40 seater and got down at our connecting hub. Another 40 seater honked in and before we could realise, we were at home. My parents were very pleased for not having to part with lot of moolah and I had to accept that it was sure a super-saver. It cost us only Rs 36 for to and fro in the public transport as against Rs 200 to and fro in the famous Indian call-taxi.


PS: My title had an arithmetic error and thankz to Xavier for noticing it. Sometimes things don't add up properly in life do they? I've made the correction anyways!

No comments: